JackpotCity online casino has 40 different blackjack games, also known as 21, and in all of these, you need to land 21 points without going any higher, before the dealer or other players do the same. But how do the points work? The cards containing the numbers 2 to 10 are worth the value in points that they display. An Ace is worth 1 or 11 points, while the Jack Queen and King are worth 10 points each.
Once the bets have been placed, the dealer gives you two cards that are face up and gives themselves two, one of which is face up. The points on your cards will determine your next move, and this also depends on the variation of blackjack you are playing. The general options are to hit, stand, double down or split. If you hit or double down, you will get another card. The difference in the latter is that you double your bet and you can’t hit again. If the game allows, you can split your cards if you hold two with the same value, creating the option of playing two hands. The dealer will give you one new card for each hand. If you choose to stick with the number of cards in your hand, you stand.
Your hand will be compared to the dealer’s hand, and if you have 21, you automatically win. You also win if the dealer’s total is over 21 or less than your total if your total is lower than 21. Here are some basic strategies for playing blackjack online:
- Hit when you have between 12 and 16 points
- Hit when the dealer’s face-up card is a 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K, or A
- Stand when your score is between 12 and 16 and the dealer has a card between 2 and 6.
- Double down when you have 11 points and the dealer is between 2 and 10
- Double down or hit when you have an ace and a 6
- Split pairs of aces and pairs of 8s