Experience a casino classic with online blackjack at Jackpotcity Casino
Blackjack is a staple game in the casino experience, and one JackpotCity Casino has in many variations. You can play it with a partner or by yourself against the house, take it with you using mobile blackjack, face the croupier in Live Blackjack. Depending on your mood and optimism, you can choose from these two versions.
But make no mistake, classic casino games titles like Classic Blackjack Gold, JackpotCity Casino has in spades.
If you like American blackjack we are confident that you can also find a wider variety of casino games that will be of interest to New Zealand players!
There are two popular varieties of blackjack: American blackjack and European blackjack. First, let’s explain American blackjack, commonly played in the United States and countries worldwide.
The goal of American blackjack
In American blackjack, players play against the casino or the dealer. The game’s objective is to get your cards to add up to 21, or as close as possible without going over. When you play online blackjack, the purpose remains the same.
The card values in American blackjack are as follows:
● Cards from 2 to 10 are worth the same as their numbering.
● Face cards J, Q and K, are worth 10.
● The ace can be worth 1 or 11. The card takes the value that best suits the player to reach 21 without going over.
The top play is called blackjack. This happens when the player's cards add to 21.
How to play American blackjack
When the game begins, each player must place an initial bet. After the bets are made, the dealer will close the betting round and start dealing cards.
The dealer will deal two cards, face up, to each player and one card to himself. Then, the player on the dealer’s left plays his hand. Each player has only one turn to play their hand:
1. Draw cards. A player may draw as many cards as they want as long the value doesn’t exceed 21 points. If the player draws a card that brings his point total to more than 21, the dealer will remove their cards and the player will lose their hand.
2. Stand. A player chooses not to take a card from the dealer.
3. Double down. A player can double their bet if they wish. However, after receiving the initial cards, the player must place the same value as the initial bet at the beginning of the turn. When folding, the player only gets one more card.
4. Split. When the two initial cards have the same value, the player can separate the hand into two independent hands. First, the player must make a bet equal to the initial one so that each hand has a chance. Then, the dealer deals a second card to one of the separated cards.
The player or players closer to 21 than the dealer wins the round.
Particularities of American blackjack
● The dealer deals the 2nd card face down, and if the dealer’s upcard is an ace, players have an insurance option if the dealer achieves a blackjack.
● The player can split the cards how many times equal its numbers.
● You can only double down with any card or combination.
● If you want to surrender before continuing, you have to give 15% of your bet.
● You used to play with 4 to 8 two decks of cards, an average of 6.
Playing online blackjack is a different and fun way to spend time. You can play this classic card game at Jackpot City Casino on your desktop, your tablet, or your smartphone. You can also access Jackpot City Casino’s website directly on your browser or play via the Jackpot City Casino app for iOS or Android.