Classic Blackjack Game Guide
Double Down, Split Hands.
Blackjack Win Payout
Blackjack hand pays 3:2 on your regular bet.
Standard Win Payout
Standard win pays 1:1 on your regular bet.
Insurance Win Payout
Insurance win pays 2:1 on your regular bet.
Number of Decks
One standard deck of 52 playing cards.
The Ultimate Game Guide to Classic Blackjack
Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games around. You can play Classic Blackjack from Switch Studios and Microgaming if you’re looking for the basic version of a blackjack game. It provides a simple approach and straight forward gameplay. Classic Blackjack by Switch Studdios includes a clear interface that lets you control how your game runs. Discover the ins and outs of how to play blackjack at JackpotCity. We offer this and many other casino games for you to explore!
Game Rules & Strategy
- The rules for Classic Blackjack are quite easy to follow. You’ll receive two cards at the start, and the dealer will also receive one. You’ll then need to add cards to your hand, or you can stand and let the dealer reveal the rest of one’s cards.
- The goal is to have a total with a score of 21 or less while also having a score higher than what the dealer gets. All aces are worth 1 or 11 points, and face cards are worth 10 each. You can also win if the dealer busts by going over 21 while you stay at 21 or less.
- You can use many blackjack basic strategy options, like knowing when to split or double down on a hand. Classic Blackjack gives you the opportunity to test whatever strategies you want to use the most.
How to Play Classic Blackjack by Switch Studios
You’ll find Classic Blackjack in the Online Blackjack section of the JackpotCity website. You can play with this and other games like Switch European Blackjack on your desktop or mobile device.
Here is a look at how to play blackjack step by step at JackpotCity:
- Select your wager for this game. You can bet from 1 to 200 on a hand.
- Click the green Deal button to start the game.
- Click the proper buttons to hit, stand, double down, or split. Choose whatever you feel is best for your hand.
- You can select to repeat your bet, clear your wager, or double its value after your game ends.
- Basic Variations: The dealer does not peek at one’s face-down card. The dealer also stands on all 17s.
- Number of Decks: This game is played with one deck.
- When to Hit or Stand: You can hit when the dealer’s card is 7 or higher if you wish, as the dealer isn’t as likely to bust at this point. You could stand if the dealer’s card is low in value and you have a 13 or higher.
- When to Double: You can double down if the dealer has a 5 or 6 if you wish, as the dealer’s chances of busting are higher. Doubling down is only available when you have a hard hand of 9, 10, or 11 in this game.
- Hard Totals: Hard totals do not have an ace. You can stand when you have a 13 or higher, as the risk of busting is too high. You could still hit at this point if the dealer’s card is 7 or greater.
- Soft Totals: You have more leniency in hitting when you have an ace. But you should stand if you have an ace and an 8 or 9, as the risk of getting a lower value if you take a hit is high.
- When to Surrender: You can surrender if you have a 14, 15, or 16 and the dealer’s card is a 9 or higher. The odds of you busting or the dealer getting close to 21 will be high here.
Betting Expert Techniques
Double Down: You can double down on your cards if they are a hard hand with a value of 9, 10, or 11. But you will receive one card and your wager will stand at this point, meaning you cannot take a fourth card if your total is low.
Split: You could also split your cards if they are two of the same value. This option works best if you have a pair of 7s, 8s, or 9s, but you cannot place a hit on a hand after getting a split. You also cannot double down on a split hand. For cases where you get an ace and a 10-value card after a split, it will pay out normally and not with a 3:2 payout that you’d get from a blackjack.
Insurance: Insurance is another option to explore when considering blackjack tips. Insurance works when you bet on a dealer whose hand starts with an ace. The dealer pays when it has a blackjack.
Mobile Compatibility and Security
We offer Classic Blackjack and other casino games on our mobile website and app. You can load our games on your mobile browser, or download our Android APK or iOS app. Both options provide a smooth interface that responds well to your controls, but it works best in a landscape format. Read our FAQ section to learn more about how to get the mobile version of our site ready.
You’ll be assured of your protection when you play at JackpotCity. We use SSL encryption for all transactions, and we require identity verification for various situations.
Our team also provides responsible gaming services to ensure the protection of everyone who visits. Self-exclusion services are available, plus we offer cooling-off periods and betting limits for individual accounts.