Premier Blackjack with Side Bets Game Guide
21 + 3™, Perfect Pairs™, Double Down, Split Hands, Insurance.
Number of Decks
There are eight full-size decks in this game.
200.00 per hand.
1.00 per hand.
Premier Blackjack with Side Bets
Switch Studios and Microgaming offer a blackjack game called Premier Blackjack with Side Bets where you can play with one of two different side wagers. In addition to playing a traditional blackjack game, you can play with the Perfect Pairs™ or 21+3™ wagers. You can play with up to three hands on the mobile version or five hands on the desktop edition. JackpotCity offers this and many other blackjack tables and other casino games on its website and mobile app.
Game Rules & Strategy
The rules of how to play Premier Blackjack with Side Bets are similar to other games you might play when you learn to play blackjack. First, this version is a hole card game, meaning the dealer peeks at its face-down card when the first one is an ace or 10-value card. The dealer also stands on all 17s or higher.
The main goal of playing blackjack is to have a hand whose cards total 21 or less. You’ll also need a total higher than what the dealer gets, or you could win if the dealer busts by going over 21. You’ll also lose if you bust on your hand.
There are two other side bets to see in this game:
- Perfect Pairs™
Perfect Pairs™ is a game where you bet on whether your first two cards make a pair. You’ll receive a 6:1 payout if you have two cards of the same value, 12:1 for a coloured pair, or 25:1 for two cards that are exactly the same.
For 10-value cards, they must be the same type. For instance, a queen of hearts and jack of hearts won’t count, but a jack of hearts and jack of diamonds will give you a 12:1 payout.
The 21+3™ side is a three-card poker-style wager where you are betting on the poker hand from your first two cards and the dealer’s face-up card. This feature pays as follows:
- Flush – 5:1
- Straight – 10:1
- Three of a kind – 30:1
- Straight flush – 40:1
- Suited three of a kind – 100:1
There’s also an insurance bet for when the dealer’s first card is an ace. You can place half your wager on an insurance bet and get a 2:1 payout if the dealer’s hand is a blackjack.
How to Play Premier Blackjack with Buster Blackjack™
You can start playing Premier Blackjack with Side Bets at JackpotCity by going to the Online Blackjack section of our site or app. You’ll find Premier Blackjack alongside all the other blackjack variants there, including classics such as Redeal Black
To start playing Premier Blackjack follow these simple steps:
- Select the betting chips you’ll use. You can choose from one of nine chip sizes from 1 to 200.
- Place your wager on each hand you want to play with. The game accepts bets from 1 to 200 per hand.
- You can add separate bets in the Perfect Pairs™ or 21+3™ section. You can wager from 1 to 25 per hand in each section.
- Click the green Deal button to start playing.
- You’ll play each hand from left to right. Look for the buttons to hit, stand, split, and double down on each hand.
- Once you finish the game, you can repeat your bets, clear them, or double their values.
- Basic Variations: The dealer stands on all 17s.
- Number of Decks: There are eight full-size decks in this game. Knowing how many decks are used in online blackjack is critical, as it helps you see how many cards might appear at a time.
- When to Hit or Stand: You can choose to hit or stand depending on the value of your hand. It’s best to hit on an 11 or less while standing at a 17 or higher.
- When to Double: You can double down on any first two cards or once after a split in this game. But doubling down is best when you have a 9, 10, or 11.
- Hard Totals: A hard total doesn’t have an ace. Take note of the dealer’s first card when you have a hard total, as it’s better to bet on the potential for the dealer to bust. The dealer is more likely to bust when its first card is a 4, 5, or 6.
- Soft Totals: You can hit when you have a soft total and the other card is a 7 or less. Stand when the other card is an 8 or greater, as the odds of your total being less if you hit is high.
- When to Surrender: It’s best to surrender if your hand is too close to 17 without going over and your dealer’s first card is a 10-value one.
Betting Expert Techniques
- One option for playing online blackjack involves doubling down. This option works well if you feel you have a good chance of winning. But doubling down is best when you have an ace, and your dealer’s face card is low. Doubling is also good for most 10s and 11s.
- You can also split a hand once at the start and play with two hands, but this is best with a pair of 2s, 3s, 6s, 7s, or 9s. You can also split aces, but you only get one card for each resulting hand.
- Remember when splitting that an ace and a 10-value card on a split hand counts as a 21 and pays regularly. It doesn’t pay 3:2 like a regular blackjack.
Mobile Compatibility and Security
Premier Blackjack with Side Bets is available for use on Android and iOS devices. You can download the iOS app or Android APK to start playing, or you can use the mobile version of our site to access this and other blackjack games.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Apple Pay payments through our secure portal. A $5 minimum deposit is necessary for each choice.
Our team also cares about the welfare of our clients, as we provide responsible gaming services like cooling-off periods and betting limits. Self-exclusion services are also available for people who require extra support.