European Blackjack Gold Guide
Double Down, Split Hands, Insurance.
Yes, play blackjack on the go!
Number of Decks
Two decks of 52 cards each.
Double down on a 9, 10, or 11.
You can play with two hands at once.
Play European Blackjack Gold
European Blackjack Gold is a 2013 game from Microgaming that follows various rules that appear in European variants of this prominent casino table game. You will play this popular blackjack game with two standard decks. This game is an entertaining choice that provides many ways for players in New Zealand to compete, but you’ll also need to look at your European Blackjack Gold strategy if you want to increase your chances of success. You can play this game and more blackjack variants on the JackpotCity mobile casino.
Game Rules & Strategy
The goal of European Blackjack Gold is to beat the dealer’s hand by getting a higher-valued hand without going over 21 or by staying at 21 or under with the dealer busting by going over. The game offers a 1:1 payout for wins and a 3:2 payout for a blackjack hand where you get 21 in your first two cards, and the dealer doesn’t get blackjack.
You can play with various strategies when enjoying this game. One of the best European Blackjack Gold tips you can follow involves hitting when the dealer has a 7 or higher and standing on other hands when you have a 12 or greater. You can also choose to double down if the dealer doesn’t have a 10-value card or ace.
- Basic Variations: The dealer will stand on all 17s. The dealer also gets one face-up card at the start.
- Number of Decks: This game uses two decks of 52 cards each. The decks are shuffled at the start of each game.
- When to Hit or Stand: You can choose to hit or stand at various points in the game but be sure you review the dealer’s first card. A dealer is more likely to bust with a 4, 5, or 6 at the start.
- When to Double: The game lets you double down when you have a 9, 10, or 11. Your hand will stand after you get your third card.
- Hard Totals: The best European Blackjack Gold strategy for a hard total is to stand when the dealer has a 6 or lower, and you have a 12 or higher. You can hit if the dealer’s hand is worth more points.
- Soft Totals: The best idea is to stand when you have an 18 or higher. You can hit if you have a 13 to 17. Avoid doubling down when you have a soft hand.
- When to Surrender: European Blackjack Gold doesn’t have a surrender feature.
How to Play European Blackjack Gold
European Blackjack Gold can be found in the blackjack section of the JackpotCity website and app. This is where you’ll find other popular games like Vegas Downtown Blackjack.
Here’s how you can play this game online:
- Log on to your JackpotCity account and search for European Blackjack Gold in the blackjack section.
- Select your betting amount by clicking the proper chip and moving it to the betting area. You can add another chip by clicking the betting area again.
- Click the deal button to start the game. You’ll find the necessary buttons for hitting, standing, doubling down, and splitting as the game progresses.
- You can click to repeat your bet or clear your bet after the game ends.
Betting Expert Techniques
- Doubling Down: The online blackjack rules for this game state you can double down when you have a 9, 10, or 11. This feature is useful if you feel your hand will be successful, but it works best if the dealer has a 6 or lower.
- Splitting: You can split your hand if you have two cards of the same denomination. This choice is also ideal when your dealer’s first card is low. But remember that if you get a 21 on a split hand, it counts as a regular 21 and not a blackjack.
- Insurance: One option you have in this game is to place an insurance bet worth half your wager if the dealer’s first card is an ace. You will get a 2:1 payout on the insurance bet if the dealer gets a blackjack.
You can start playing this game and other blackjack games like ReDeal Blackjack and Classic Blackjack with Sweetheart 16 on the JackpotCity app. This app is available on the Apple App Store for iOS users. You can also download the Android APK for Android devices on our website. Both of these apps provide a simple and clean approach to playing that loads fast. Microgaming has also designed its games to be easy to load on mobile devices.
Safety and Security
Our team accepts Visa, MasterCard, Apple Pay payment systems, three choices that are safe and secure for use. Some deposits and withdrawals will require identity verification measures. Our responsible gaming services will also support our clients and ensure they are careful when playing. We provide cooling-off periods and betting limits for players, plus we offer a self-exclusion service.