Vegas Downtown Blackjack Guide
Double Down, Split Hands, Insurance.
Yes, play blackjack on the go!
Number of Decks
This game has two regular decks.
Maximum and Minimum Bet
Maximum: 200.00, Minimum: 1
Play Vegas Downtown Blackjack
This classic game of blackjack is available to play at JackpotCity through Vegas Downtown Blackjack from Switch Studios. This game offers a design with rules similar to what you’d find at a traditional Las Vegas casino. Be sure to look for this and more casino games at JackpotCity.
Game Rules & Strategy
Switch Vegas Downtown Blackjack uses a layout similar to how a traditional Las Vegas casino works. The game requires the player to get a more valuable hand than the dealer without going over 21. The game pays 1:1 for when you beat the dealer, or you have a hand under 21 and the dealer busts by going over 21. There’s also a 3:2 payout when you get a blackjack.
- Basic Variations: The dealer will peek at one’s second card in this game if the first is a 10-value card or ace. The dealer also hits on a soft 17 and stands on a hard 17.
- Number of Decks: This game has two regular decks.
- When to Hit or Stand: Since the dealer can stand on a soft 17, it’s best to hit when the dealer has a 7 or higher on one’s first card. You can stand when you have a 17 or higher.
- When to Double: This game lets you double down on any two cards, plus you can double down after splitting. But this point works best if you have a 9, 10, or 11. Your hand will stand after you double down, so be careful when figuring out what you’re doing here.
- For Hard Totals: The best Switch Vegas Downtown Blackjack strategy for a hard total is to stand if the dealer’s card is a 6 or lower.
- For Soft Total: You can double down if the dealer’s hand shows a 5 or 6. But any situation where you have a 19 or 20 should result in a stand.
- When the Surrender: This game does not have a surrender feature.
How to Play Vegas Downtown Blackjack
JackpotCity makes it easy for people to play blackjack games like Vegas Downtown Blackjack and pther popular titles such as Ultimate Blackjack with Olivia . But remember that the rules for Vegas Downtown Blackjack are different from Ultimate Blackjack, as the dealer has more freedom for hitting on a 17. Here are some steps for how to play Vegas Downtown Blackjack:
- Log onto your JackpotCity account and find the Vegas Downtown Blackjack game in the Blackjack section.
- Select what chips you’ll use and place them in the betting area. The game requires a bet of 1.00 or more.
- Click the deal button to start the game.
- An insurance option will appear if the dealer’s first card is an ace. You can choose this to wager half your bet on the dealer getting a blackjack. This wager has a 2:1 payout.
- You’ll see the hit, stand, split, and double down buttons as necessary.
- If you split your hand, the new hand will appear on the side. You’ll start playing the second hand after you finish the first one.
- The game will prompt you to repeat your bet or clear it after it ends.
Betting Expert Techniques
- Doubling Down: Part of how to play Vegas Downtown Blackjack involves looking at how you can double down on any two-card hand, including one you get from a split. But the hand will stand after your double down. Watch for the dealer’s card, as doubling down is more favourable when the dealer has a 5 or 6.
- Splitting: This game lets you split three times to make four hands in one game. You can also split aces only once. A split works when the dealer has a 4 to 7, plus splitting is more favorable when you have a pair of aces or 8s. One of the best online blackjack tips also involves splitting when the dealer has a low-value card, as the dealer’s chances of busting can be high.
You can download the Android APK or iOS app on your device to start playing Vegas Downtown Blackjack on the go. This game works well on various mobile screens, but works best in landscape mode.
Safety and Security
You’ll appreciate how we at JackpotCity use various safety standards to ensure players can enjoy all our blackjack games like Ultimate Blackjack with Olivia, Atlantic City Blackjack Gold, and Vegas Downtown Blackjack. JackpotCity has a license for operation, so we follow various fair play and safety standards.
We use SSL encryption and data protection to ensure every financial transaction we complete is secure. We also utilize Visa, MasterCard, Apple Pay and more popular payment methods as deposit options. Identity verification is also necessary in many situations, as we want to ensure everyone’s identity is accurate.
We follow various responsible gaming standards. We offer cooling-off periods and betting limits for accounts, plus we can administer responsible gaming tests as necessary. Self-exclusion periods are also available for players who require it.