Vegas Downtown Blackjack Gold Guide
Double Down, Split Hands
Yes, play blackjack on the go!
Number of Decks
Two decks of 52 cards each.
Double down on a 9, 10, or 11.
You can play with two hands at once.
Play Vegas Downtown Blackjack Gold
Vegas Downtown Blackjack Gold is a version of blackjack that is different from regular Vegas Downtown Blackjack in that the Gold version entails two decks of cards. This total is less than the original version, so the game requires a few changes to your strategy. No matter which you prefer, you’ll find this game to be simple to play. Explore this game and more blackjack tables and casino games at JackpotCity New Zealand.
Game Rules & Strategy
Vegas Downtown Blackjack Gold follows basic Las Vegas-style online blackjack rules. Your goal is to have a hand worth 21 or less while beating the dealer’s hand value. You could also win by getting a hand of 21 or less while the dealer busts by going over 21.
- Basic Variations: The dealer will peek at the second card following all 10-value cards and aces. The dealer will also hit on a soft 17 while standing on a hard 17.
- Number of Decks: This game features two regular decks.
- When to Hit or Stand: Since the dealer hits on soft 17s, you’ll need to hit when you have a 16 or less and the dealer’s hand is a 7 or higher. You can stand in other situations.
- When to Double: This game lets you double on any two cards, including ones you get after a split. But doubling down works best if you have a 9, 10, or 11.
- Hard Totals: A good online blackjack strategy for a hard total involves reviewing the dealer’s card. Standing when the dealer has a 6 or less is ideal.
- Soft Totals: Stand when your non-ace card is a 7 or higher. You can hit if the non-ace card is worth a lower amount.
- When to Surrender: While surrendering sounds like a good idea when the dealer has a 10-value card, this option isn’t available in this game.
How to Play Vegas Downtown Blackjack Gold
The rules for Vegas Downtown Blackjack Gold are different from what you’d follow for other games at JackpotCity such as ReDeal Blackjack. You can start playing this game by finding it in the Blackjack section of the JackpotCity website. Here are some steps for how to play this game after you log into your account.
- Select how much you’ll wager on a hand. Click the proper chips and add them to the betting area.
- After clicking the deal button, you’ll see buttons for hitting, standing, doubling down, or splitting your cards.
- If you split your hand, the new cards will appear on the side. You’ll play with the new hand after playing with the first one.
- The game then prompts you to place a new bet after the game ends. You can repeat the bet, or you can clear it to produce a different one.
Betting Expert Techniques
- Doubling Down: Vegas Downtown Blackjack Gold gives you more freedom over when you can double down. But it’s best to double down when the dealer’s card is a 5 or 6, as the dealer’s chances of busting are higher. You can also double down if you have a 9, 10, or 11.
- Splitting: One blackjack basic strategy involves splitting when you have two 7s or greater. You can split three times to produce up to four hands in a game. But you can only split aces once, and each hand resulting from split aces will stand after receiving their cards. One of the top Vegas Downtown Blackjack Gold rules you can follow involves splitting 2s or 3s if the dealer’s card is lower than a 6.
Vegas Downtown Blackjack Gold is available for play on mobile devices and desktop users. iOS users can visit the Apple App Store and download the JackpotCity app. Android users will need to visit the JackpotCity website and download the Android APK to get the app working on their devices.
Safety and Security
JackpotCity enjoys providing various blackjack games like Vegas Downtown Blackjack Gold, High Streak Blackjack, and many others. We also respect our players, as we ensure everyone receives fair treatment and gameplay.
JackpotCity holds a license for operation, and are subject to player safety and data encryption standards. Our SSL encryption systems ensure every transaction stays private. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Apple Pay and more payment methods with $5 minimums. We also require identity verification documents on occasion, as we want to ensure the players are who they claim to be.
Our responsible gaming services also ensure the protection and safety of everyone who plays here. We provide cooling-off periods and betting limits for people who require support. Self-exclusion is also offered for those we require it.